It’s that time again. The days are shorter. The temperature is dropping. And Buyouts is now accepting nominations for its 20th annual Deal of the Year awards, honoring exceptional buyouts that were fully or mostly realized in 2019. The deadline for submissions is Feb. 10, 2020, but there’s no time like the present to apply.
Don’t miss this opportunity to be recognized by the editors of Buyouts for your outstanding work in 2017. Past winners include Vista Equity, Goldman Sachs, KPS Capital Partners, Carlyle Group, Providence Equity, Levine Leichtman and Arbor Investments.
Winners will be selected in six categories (and an overall Deal of the Year winner, which could come from an existing category or be completely separate):
· Deal of the Year
· Large-market deal of the Year
· Middle-market deal of the Year
· Small-market deal of the Year
· Turnaround of the Year
· Secondaries of the Year
· International deal of the Year
Here are some guidelines:
• To be considered for the Deal of the Year awards in various size categories, the original purchase must involve a majority stake purchase, full or partial private equity sponsorship and result in the target company remaining private or going private. (Thus, transactions such as PIPEs and the merger of two public companies will not be considered.)
• The LBO firm must have exited at least the majority of its equity position, and therefore must no longer be the lead investor. We will consider deals where the LBO firm retains a small equity position. Exits can take the form of a sale to another private equity firm, a strategic buyer or an IPO.
• The exit must have closed in 2019 (but could have been agreed to or announced in 2018). With the exception of the International Deal of the Year, we will consider U.S. transactions only.
• There is no minimum deal size, but it’s unlikely that we would strongly consider a deal with an enterprise value of less than $10 million at exit time.
• We will recognize the lead sponsor of a deal and potentially co-sponsors, if they played a significant role.
Questions or to make a submission, reach editor Chris Witkowsky at firstname.lastname@example.org.