In the hour-long webinar, we cover the results of Buyouts’ North American and European PE/VC Compensation Trends 2015 survey and hear from compensation experts from Holt Private Equity Consultants and MM&K. Topics of discussion include:
- Yearly changes in salary and bonus for partner and non-partner investment professionals.
- Payroll as a percentage of fees for private equity and venture capital firms.
- AUM per partner, GP fees per partner and portfolio companies per partner at private equity and venture capital firms.
- How bonus plans are structured (discretionary vs. formulaic).
- How carry gets allocated among partners and other employees, and how vesting schedules work.
- The prevalence of co-investment plans, 401K plans and pension plans.
Michael Holt, Founder and Managing Director, Holt Private Equity Consultants
Michael Holt is an expert in private equity and venture capital organizational and human resources issues, including compensation and performance management. He has designed numerous carried interest and co-investment plans, as well as annual incentive plans. He also has consulted with various real estate and investment/funds management organizations.
Nigel Mills, Director, MM&K
A PPE graduate and chartered accountant, Nigel Mills joined MM&K in 1985 having spent 6 years at Price Waterhouse after graduating from Oxford. He is an authority on executive and all employee cash and equity based incentive schemes for public and private companies. He leads the Private Equity business of MM&K and is an expert on remuneration structures and practices.
Damien Knight, Principal, MM&K
Damien Knight is an Oxford Physics graduate with 30 years’ experience as a remuneration consultant. He has worked with MM&K for four years and previously with Hay Group, Aon and Watson Wyatt. He has advised the remuneration committees of several FTSE 100 and global companies, including major banks.
David M. Toll, Executive Editor, Buyouts Insider
David M. Toll is the Executive Editor of Buyouts Insider, where he oversees the editorial direction of Buyouts Magazine, Venture Capital Journal and the peHUB.com community website. Mr. Toll has been writing about the private equity markets since 1997. He is the co-author of several survey-based studies on the PE and VC markets, covering such topics as partnership terms and employee compensation.