Doeksen steps back at Carlyle’s AlpInvest

  • Shifts in responsibilities in Carlyle Solutions
  • “Natural progression” for FoF group leaders
  • Carlyle bought 60 pct of AlpInvest in 2011

Recently, his title has changed to reflect the shifting responsibilities. Doeksen has moved into the role of vice chairman of the Carlyle Solutions Group, which is where AlpInvest is housed within Carlyle, sister website peHUB reported. The head of Carlyle Solutions, Jacques Chappuis, has become the chairman of AlpInvest, according to Emily-Jane Finigan, spokeswoman for Carlyle Solutions.

The management shift won’t affect AlpInvest’s strategy or operations in any way, Finigan said. Doeksen will remain involved in both AlpInvest and the Carlyle Solutions business, Finigan said.

The management change is a “natural progression” after Carlyle acquired a 60 percent stake in AlpInvest in 2011, Finigan said. The firm bought the remaining 40 percent last year.

During those two years, Doeksen has been transferring the bulk of his day-to-day responsibilities to Paul de Klerk, AlpInvest’s chief financial and chief operating officer, and to other managing directors, Finigan said.

AlpInvest had a few senior-level departures last year, when Scott Hamner, a partner, left to spend more time with his children. Also last year, Elliot Royce, former co-head of AlpInvest’s fund investments group, left the firm.

AlpInvest also has been building an in-house energy and infrastructure team that would focus on fund commitments, co-investments and secondaries.

Private Equity International reported on the management change earlier.

Chris Witkowsky is editor of peHUB.

CORRECTION: A version of this story posted on June 2 misspelled the name of Paul de Klerk, AlpInvest’s chief financial and chief operating officer.