Fundraising continued at a modest pace for emerging managers. Eighteen emerging managers raised more than $1.3 billion from June 5 through June 18, according to Buyouts data.
InTandem raised the most. The New York-based firm’s sophomore fund raised $250 million. The firm focuses on companies in healthcare and insurance services.
Loyal Valley Capital was second with its sophomore fund, which raised $200 million of a targeted $400 million. The Shanghai-based firm invests in middle-market companies in China.
Coming in at third was Ellington Management Group, which is in market with its sophomore private opportunities fund. The firm raised more than $152 million across two vehicles.
On the venture side, Bluebird Ventures led all firms with $103.5 million. The debut fund is managed by Sutter Hill Ventures’ Jeffrey Bird.
Below is a rundown of the most significant emerging private equity and venture funds that Buyouts has identified as being in the market over the past few weeks:
Ellington Management Group focuses on four areas: diversified credit strategies, quantitative macro strategies, traditional mandate solutions and RMBS prepayment. Its sophomore private opportunities fund raised more than $150 million through two vehicles.
- Location: Old Greenwich, Connecticut
- Phone: +1 203-698-1200
- Filings: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1743897/000101297519000422/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1743898/000101297519000423/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
IG4 Capital looks to make investments that will make a positive change in fundamentals and operations of companies and assets. Its second private equity fund raised more than $33 million of a targeted $400 million.
- Location: Brazil
- Phone: +55 11-2844-8036
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1779893/000094787119000450/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
InTandem Capital Partners focuses on making control investments in the healthcare and insurance services companies with low technology risks. Its sophomore fund raised $250 million.
- Location: New York
- Phone: +1 646-930-1530
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1778714/000177871419000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Lewis & Clark Partners makes growth investments in agriculture and food, specifically in the St. Louis area. Its sophomore AgriFood fund raised $70.4 million.
- Location: St. Louis
- Phone: +1 314-392-5264
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1778869/000177886919000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Loyal Valley Capital invests in middle-market companies positioned to benefit from secular industry transformation in China. Its sophomore fund raised $200 million of a targeted $400 million.
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Phone: +86 21-2056-9833
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1777913/000177791319000002/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Safe Harbor Equity is a real estate firm focused on non-performing mortgages, defaulted debt instruments and distressed real estate assets. Its third distressed debt fund raised $31 million of a targeted $100 million.
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Phone: +1 786-280-1338
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1778808/000177880819000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Serves Capital Partners focuses on control buyouts and growth equity within the lower middle market. Its debut opportunities fund raised $65 million.
- Location: Austin
- Phone: +1 512-505-4153
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1779393/000177939319000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Spanos Barber Jesse & Co (SBJ) focuses on lower middle-market consumer, business services and healthcare services companies. Its debut CDM co-invest fund raised more than $10 million.
- Location: Walnut Creek, California
- Phone: +1 415-848-1990
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1779339/000177933219000002/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Vanterra Capital makes growth investments in consumer, health & wellness and technology companies that will drive meaningful change. Its sophomore fund raised $27 million.
- Location: New York
- Phone: +1 212-231-3959
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1775467/000177546719000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Artist Capital Management concentrates investments in companies that benefit from secular growth trends. Its debut e-sports fund raised more than $68.7 million of a targeted $100 million.
- Location: New York
- Phone: +1 212-218-7632
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1753312/000175331219000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Autotech Ventures focuses on start ups in the ground transportation sector. Its sophomore fund raised $89 million of a targeted $225 million.
- Location: Menlo Park
- Phone: +1 650-515-6940
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1760418/000176041819000002/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Bee Partners is a pre-seed venture firm that focuses on companies looking to shape the future, specifically within the technology companies centered around machines. Its third fund raised more than $40 million.
- Location: San Francisco
- Phone: +1 415-519-4707
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1726723/000172672319000002/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Bluebird Ventures, a debut venture fund managed by Sutter Hill Ventures’ Jeffrey Bird, raised $103.5 million.
- Location: Palo Alto
- Phone: +1 650-493-5600
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1771619/000177161919000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Fin Venture Capital focuses on Series A investments in within the global technology sector. Its debut fund raised $33 million.
- Location: San Francisco
- Phone: +1 415-715-4377
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1742196/000174219619000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Pillar believes in providing investments, support and experience to entrepreneurs in big technology. Its sophomore fund raised more than $101 million.
- Location: Boston
- Phone: +1 617-648-9100
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1756961/000175696119000002/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
PROOF (Pro-Rata Opportunity Fund) invests strategic capital alongside early-stage venture capital firms to maximize upside in their best performing companies. Its sophomore fund raised more than $10.8 million.
- Location: Reston, Virginia
- Phone: +1 703-563-4100
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1777614/000177761419000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Rice Park Capital invests in real estate technology and financial tech companies solving significant problems in large and addressable markets. Its debut fund raised $8 million of a targeted $50 million.
- Location: Minneapolis
- Phone: +1 612-393-1829
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1778851/000177885119000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
SRI Capital is an early-stage venture firm focused on startups within enterprise software, deep technology and consumer technology in the U.S. and India. Its debut fund raised $45.2 million of a targeted $100 million.
- Location: Philadelphia
- Phone: +1 609-505-2579
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1740928/000174092819000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml