Emerging managers raised more than $3.1 billion over the past few weeks. Four venture firms and three private equity firms raised over $100 million, one of which raised over $1 billion.
That one firm was Kandle Group, which raised $1.2 billion from five commitments. James A. Davidson, co-founder of Silver Lake, is listed as Kandle’s executive.
Grain Management pulled in the second most. The communications-focused company raised over $768 million for its sophomore opportunity fund.
CORE Industrial Partners was the third private equity firm to reach over $100 million. The Chicago firm raised $226 million across two funds.
On the venture side, MSA Capital led with $197 million. The firm focuses on AI, genomics, mobility and SaaS companies.
Below is a rundown of the most significant emerging private equity and venture funds that Buyouts has identified as being in the market over the past few weeks:
CORE Industrial Partners invests exclusively in manufacturing and industrial technology companies in North America. It raised $226 million across two funds.
- Phone: +1 312-566-4886
- Location: Chicago
- Filings: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1746344/000139372519000019/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1748118/000139372519000020/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Dream Finders Homes is dedicated to building personalized homes across the nation. Its residential fund raised $32 million.
- Phone: +1 908-418-6601
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1767317/000176731719000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Garrison Investment Group focuses on corporate finance, financial assets and real estate. Its European real estate lending fund raised $70 million.
- Phone: +1 212-372-9500
- Location: New York
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1733355/000131586319000242/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Grain Management focuses on distressed assets and structured equity in the communications industry. Its second opportunity fund raised more than $768 million.
- Phone: +1 941-379-1200
- Location: Washington
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1739308/000095014219000514/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
JCR Capital provides capital solutions to middle-market commercial real estate sponsors. It raised $10 million for its current fund.
- Phone: +1 303-531-0204
- Location: Denver
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1769589/000176958919000002/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Kandle Group raised over $1.2 billion from five commitments. James A. Davidson, co-founder of Silver Lake, is listed as Kandle’s executive.
- Phone: +1 650-446-7850
- Location: Menlo Park, California
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1725823/000172582319000002/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
RGM Capital focuses on industrial, healthcare, technology and consumer-related businesses. Its current fund raised more than $35.3 million.
- Phone: +1 239-593-1239
- Location: Naples, Florida
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1769218/000091957419002249/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Scenic Land Co has a goal to maximize profit while preserving the land within the communities it develops. It third fund raised over $19.3 million.
- Phone: +1 423-267-3373
- Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1770144/000177014419000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Seminal Capital Partners provides capital for growth and liquidity in market-leading cloud-based software and services business. It raised $40 million of a targeted $150 million.
- Phone: +1 610-727-6822
- Location: Radnor, Pennsylvania
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1768280/000176828019000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Strategic Investment Fund provides financing for real estate projects in Pittsburgh. It raised $5.3 million of a targeted $50 million.
- Phone: +1 404-963-6657
- Locations: Atlanta
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1769364/000176936419000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
American Capital Partners is a full-service investment firm. Its second venture fund raised $24.3 million.
- Phone: +1 212-631-7591
- Location: Hauppauge, New York
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1768162/000138713119001853/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
BFG is an early-stage venture firm that seeks food and beverage consumer product companies. Its second fund raised more than $103 million.
- Phone: +1 303-954-4413
- Location: Boulder, Colorado
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1760706/000176070619000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
ESO Fund helps employees of venture-backed companies exercise their stock options. It raised over $173 million across two funds.
- Phone: +1 650-539-8306
- Location: San Mateo, California
- Filings: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1621469/000162146919000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1700414/000170041419000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Lo Toney founded Plexo Capital, a spinout from GV. It invests early in early-stage companies. It raised more than $35 million of a targeted $50 million.
- Phone: +1 510-207-1020
- Location: San Francisco
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1716507/000171650719000003/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
MSA Capital is focused on investing in AI, genomics, mobility and SaaS companies. Its second fund raised $197 million.
- Phone: +1 345-814-7600
- Location: Cayman Islands
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1733685/000173368519000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Precursor Ventures invests in early-stage companies in the San Francisco Bay Area, New York and Toronto. Its sophomore fund raised $31 million.
- Phone: +1 650-249-0905
- Location: San Francisco
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1719453/000171945319000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Project A is an international venture firm that invests in digital companies. It raised $106 million of a targeted $225 million.
- Phone: +49 30-340-606-399
- Location: Berlin
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1769632/000176963219000002/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Tsingyuan Ventures focuses on early-stage opportunities in emerging technology companies by taking advantage of the growing relationship between China and the U.S. It raised more than $51.7 million.
- Phone: +1 650-996-7318
- Location: Los Altos, California
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1764853/000121390019003641/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml