- AUM: $49 bln
- PE Allocation: 13.2 pct, target 12 pct
- Whom to contact: Dave Urbanek, director of communications, firstname.lastname@example.org
Teachers’ Retirement System of Illinois committed $318 million to private equity funds spanning communications and consumer sectors.
The system at its March meeting also made $500 million of pledges to real estate funds.
TRS’s PE portfolio grew to $6.8 billion and makes up 13.2 percent of its equity asset class, its fiscal 2018 year-end summary shows.
Board commitments include:
- €60 million ($68 million) to Astorg’s seventh fund, which closed in January at €4 billion against a €3.2 billion target;
- $50 million to Grain Communications Opportunity Fund II, which focuses on communication investments. Grain Management set a hard cap of $850 million for the fund, its fourth investment pool;
- $50 million to tech-focused Siris Capital Group’s Fund IV, which closed on $3.45 billion in March, exceeding its $3 billion target;
- $100 million to TSG Consumer Partners’ eighth fund, which closed in February with $4 billion in pledges.
Astorg, Grain and Siris manage more than $196 million in assets for TRS.
Illinois committed $300 million to Blackstone’s ninth real estate fund, and $200 million to Rockpoint Group’s sixth real estate pool. Blackstone is targeting $20 billion for its latest real estate pool, and Rockpoint is aiming for $3 billion for its sixth real estate fund.
Commitments were made from Dec. 13, 2018, to March 14, 2019, a representative told Buyouts.