M&A Exit Briefs –

AMETEK Inc. (NYSE: AME) has acquired Taylor Hobson Holdings Ltd., a Leicester, UK-based manufacturer for ultra-precision measurement instruments, from UK-based private equity firm Permira. The deal was valued at approximately GBP51 million.

Brockway Moran & Partners Inc. has agreed to sell Gold’s Gym International Inc. to an investor group led by TRT Holdings Inc., whose assets include the Omni Hotel chain. The deal is expected to close by late July, although no specific terms were disclosed. UBS Securities and Harris Williams & Co. advised Gold’s Gym. Brockway Moran originally acquired Gold’s Gym in 1999 for an undisclosed amount.

Doughty Hanson & Co. has agreed to sell Dunlop Standard Aerospace Group to The Carlyle Group and Meggitt PLC for $1.45 billion. Under the terms of the agreement, Carlyle will pay approximately $670 million for the Winnipeg, Canada-based Standard Aero engine maintenance, repair and overhaul division, while Meggitt will pay around $747 million for the Coventry, UK-based Dunlop Design and Manufacturing division. The deal is expected to close in August.

HIP Health Plan of New York. has agreed to acquire ConnectiCare Holding Co. from The Carlyle Group and Liberty Partners. The deal is subject to regulatory approval, and is expected to close this year. No financial terms were disclosed. ConnectiCare is a Farmington, Conn.-based managed care company. It completed a recap in June 2001 that involved both Carlyle Group and Liberty Partners.

J.W. Childs Associates has sold Secaucus, N.J.-based pet supplies company Hartz Mountain Corp. to Sumitomo Corp. Press reports last week put the deal at $365 million, but Sumitomo yesterday said that the final value was $365 million. J.W. Childs acquired Hartz Mountain in 2000 for approximately $290 million.

Owens-Illinois Inc. (NYSE: OI) has acquired BSN Glasspack SA, a Paris, France-based manufacturer of glass containers formed in 1999 by merging the glass manufacturing business of Groupe Danone with Germany-based Gerresheimer. The selling party was CVC Capital Partners, which had acquired a 56% position back in 1999, and then bought the remaining 44% from Groupe Danone last year. Total consideration for the Owens-Illinois acquisition is approximately EURO1.16 billion ($1.4 billion), including the assumption of debt.