Oregon Investment Council made $1.6 billion in private investment commitments between June and September, including $800 million to private equity, $300 million to alternatives and $500 million to real estate.
• $50 million to Advent Global Technology LP, a $2 billion fund managed by Advent International, which closed earlier this month after beating its $1.6 billion target. This commitment closed June 10.
• $150 million to CVC Capital Partners Asia V, LP, managed by CVC Capital Partners and launched last year with a $4 billion target, according to Financial Times. CVC’s last Asia fund raised $3.495 billion in 2014. This commitment closed July 24.
• $250 million to Veritas Capital Fund VII, managed by Veritas Capital. This fund has a $6 billion target, according to a Form D. This commitment closed July 24.
• $100 million to Advent Latin America Private Equity Fund VII, also managed by Advent International. This fund has a $2.2 billion target and was launched in April, according to Reuters. This commitment closed Sept. 9.
• $250 million to Pathway Private Equity Fund C-III 2019, managed by Pathway Capital Management. This is a follow-on to a previous $250 million commitment made earlier this year. This is a co-investment fund between Pathway and Oregon Public Employees Retirement Fund, the largest part of Oregon’s portfolio. In February, Pathway said the fund will make “systematic investments alongside OPERF’s current portfolio of private equity managers.” This investment closed Sept. 9.
• $200 million to QL Capital Partners, LP, managed by Quantum Energy Partners. This fund has a $1.5 billion target, Buyouts previously reported. Quantum Energy Partners makes a variety of energy-related investments. This commitment closed June 20.
• $100 million to Appian Natural Resources Fund II, LP, managed by Appian Capital Advisory, which focuses on the mining sector. This commitment closed July 31.
• $250 million to LBA Logistics Joint Venture, a partnership between OPERF and LBA Realty, according to IPE Real Assets. LBA makes real estate investments throughout the western United States. This deal closed July 29.
• $250 million to Walton Street Real Estate Core-Plus Fund, LP, run by Walton Street Capital. This deal closed July 29.
The Investment Council had $106.3 billion in assets as of June 30, and OPERF’s private equity portfolio was valued at $26.4 billion.
Action item: Read the public packet for the most recent Council meeting here.