Coller Capital has agreed to acquire the private equity business of Lloyds Banking Group. Under terms of the deal, Coller will pay £332 million to a 70% stake in 40 investments held by Lloyds’ Integrated Finance unit. Lloyds will hold the remaining 30% position. Lloyds says that the deal represents a “small premium” to the portfolio’s book value.
The Riverside Company has sold Veritext Holding Co., a provider of deposition and litigation support services to law firms, to Investcorp. No financial terms were disclosed.
Venrock has closed its sixth venture capital fund with $350 million in capital commitments.
My-wardrobe.com, a British online retailer of “accessible luxury” designer fashions, has raised $9 million in Series A funding led by Baldterton Capital.
United BioSource, a Bethesda, Md.-based scientific and medical affairs organization, has secured a $150 million line of credit for future acquisitions and other growth activities. Participants in the new credit facility included Wells Fargo, PNC Bank, Capital One and JPMorgan. United BioSource recently sold a minority equity stake to Berkshire Partners for $125 million, which followed more than $150 million in VC funding from Grotech Capital Group, J.H. Whitney and New Enterprise Associates.
4Refuel Canada LP, a Canadian fuel management company, has raised an undisclosed amount of private equity funding from TorQuest Partners.
The Blackstone Group reportedly is leading a “substantial” investment into China Animal Healthcare, a Singapore-listed maker of livestock drugs. The company’s market cap is around $356 million, with Blackstone expected to invest around $45 million.
The Carlyle Group and CVC Capital Partners are among the bidders for Pure Foods, which is being sold by Philippine conglomerate San Miguel Corp. for approximately $2 billion.
Carrefour reportedly has hired Goldman Sachs an! d UBS to sell off its units in Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand. The French retailer hopes to generate $1 billion.
Cosan (NYSE: CZZ), a sugar and ethanol producer, has sold a 25% stake in its Rumo Logistica unit to TPG Capital and Gavea Investimentos for approximately $226 million.
CVC Capital Partners’ potential buyout of Abertis Infraestructuras SA, alongside shareholders Criteria and ACS, reportedly would involve around €10 billion of financing.
Segulah has agreed to acquire a majority stake in online travel agent European Travel Interactive AB from Norvestor. No financial terms were disclosed.
METI, a Sarasota, Fla.-based provider of medical simulation technologies, has acquired Lionis Software LLC, a Hungarian provider of an audiovisual and center management system for healthcare education. No financial terms were disclosed. METI is a portfolio company of Baird Capital Partners.
Darby Overseas has sold its 28.7% stake in Termobarranquilla SA, a Columbian gas-fired power plant, to Golden Gate Energy Investments. No financial terms were disclosed.
Firms & Funds
Asia Media & Technology Capital has launched as a $500 million fund targeting media and tech opportunities in China.
John Joyce has left Silver Lake Partners, where he had been a managing director since July 1995. He previously had spent 30 years with IBM. No word yet on his future plans. www.silverlake.com