Private Exits

ACON Investments has agreed to sell Brazilian supermarket chain GBarbosa to Cencosud of Chile. No financial terms were disclosed. ACON acquired GBarbosa from Royal Ahold in March 2005, in partnership with company management. It had retained UBS and Merrill to lead an IPO, before being approached by several strategic buyers, including Cencosud.

EDS (NYSE: EDS) has agreed to acquire a 93 percent stake in Saber Holdings Inc. from sellers like majority shareholder Accel-KKR, for approximately $420 million in cash. Saber provides software and services to U.S. state governments, and its CEO and COO will retain the other 7 percent.

Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: ERTS) has received FTC clearance to acquire gaming companies BioWare Corp. and Pandemic Studios from Elevation Partners, for up to $620 million in cash. EA also will issue up to $155 million in equity to certain BioWare and Pandemic employees. Elevation acquired BioWare and Pandemic in 2005 for “more than $300 million,” and put them under a holding company umbrella called VG Holding Corp. EA Chief Executive John Riccitiello recused himself from negotiating terms of the deal because he is a former partner at Elevation.

Gryphon Investors has sold Irvine, Calif.-based Consolidated Fire Protection Holdings Inc. to MX Mercury Beteiligungen GMBH, a global fire and life safety company owned by Industrial Kapital and company management. No financial terms were disclosed.

Hammond, Kennedy, Whitney & Co. has agreed to sell Maxon Corp. to Honeywell International Inc. (NYSE: HKW). No financial terms were disclosed for the deal, which is expected to close later this quarter. Maxon is a Muncie, Ind.-based manufacturer of industrial combustion controls, including combustion burners, gas valves and engineered systems. Harris Williams & Co. advised Maxon.

The Providence Service Corp. (Nasdaq: PRSC) has agreed to acquire LogistiCare Inc., an Atlanta-based coordinator of non-emergency transportation services to Medicaid recipients, from Charterhouse Group, Summit Partners and AlpInvest Partners. The deal is valued at approximately $220 million in cash and converted employee stock options, which are around 9x estimated 2007 EBITDA. The sellers also could receive a $40 million earn-out in 2009 based on LogistiCare’s performance in 2008. LogistiCare was acquired by the sellers in 2004 for approximately $155 million.

The Riverside Company has sold FLA Orthopedics to BSN Medical of Germany. No financial terms were disclosed, except that Riverside reported an 86 percent gross IRR and 6.4x gross cash-on-cash return. FLA is a manufacturer and designer of orthopedic bracing, support and related products, with facilities in Miramar, Fla. and Huntersville, N.C. William Blair & Co. served as financial advisor on the sale.