TDC poised for sale

The LBO firms behind Danish telecoms group TDC are preparing for a partial sale of their US$7.4bn stake.

Apax, Blackstone, Permira and Providence Equity Partners are currently choosing banks to lead the share sale, which is set to take place in 2010.

TDC was acquired in 2006, with the buyout giants taking a combined 88% stake. The remaining 12% is listed on the Danish stock exchange.