- Assets Under Management: $38.4 bln
- Target allocation to alternatives: 7 pct
- PE actual allocation: 2.3 pct
- Contact: Dhvani Shah, chief investment officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund at its March meeting committed heavily to funds from Inflexion Private Equity, which target the lower mid-market in the U.K.
IMRF pledged £70 million ($92 million) to Inflexion’s Enterprise Fund V and Supplemental Fund V. It also committed £150 million ($197 million) to Inflexion Strategic Partners. It’s not clear how much those funds are targeting. No one from Inflexion returned requests for comment and a spokesperson for Illinois Municipal referred questions about the funds to Inflexion.
Inflexion was not the only fund to receive commitments from Illinois.
Other Board commitments include:
- $100 million to Lightspeed Venture Partners’, an early-stage venture firm, Global Opportunity Fund. It’s not clear how much that fund is targeting;
- $50 million to Vista Credit Partners Fund III, which is targeting up to $2 billion for investments in the software, data and technology market;
- $10 million to True North Fund VI, focused on financial services, healthcare and consumer businesses in India on a $900 million target.
The system’s domestic and international private equity fund sits at 2.38 percent, as of Feb. 28, 2019, according to a monthly performance report. The system has a 7 percent allocation target to alternatives, for which private equity represents about 80 percent.