• Feder to take on role formerly held by Craig Nickels
• Executive will start on Dec 2
• Feder was senior investment manager at TIAA-CREF since Jan 2011
WUIMC’s private markets program was formerly run by Craig Nickels, who ran the portfolio until he departed last year to take on a role at the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority.
Feder’s title will be managing director, private markets, and his start date is Dec. 2, according to a WUIMC spokeswoman.
Feder already lists himself as a WUIMC managing director on his LinkedIn profile. Most recently, Feder was a senior investment manager Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association – College Retirement Equities Fund (TIAA-CREF) from January 2011 to this month, according to LinkedIn. Specifically, Feder was senior investment manager for Private Equity and Venture Capital at Covariance Capital Management, an independent subsidiary of TIAA-CREF that provides outsourced investment management services, according to a biography he shared with Thomson Reuters.
LinkedIn reports Feder’s previous posts as follows:
- Managing director and advisor, Sequoia Capital Heritage Fund (2008-2011).
- Managing director, Princeton University Investment Co. (200-2008).
- Portfolio manager, California Public Employees’ Retirement System (1999-2000)