Emerging managers raised $1.7 billion over the past few weeks, the lowest two-week volume of the year. Six PE firms raised over $100 million.
No firm raised as much as White Deer Energy. Its third flagship closed at $557 million and will target middle-market energy companies.
London-based DBAY Advisors raised over $244.7 million for its third flagship, which will target European small-cap companies.
Tuatara Capital raised more than $161 million for its sophomore fund. The firm focuses on all aspects of the cannabis industry.
Autotech Ventures raised the most on the venture side. Its sophomore flagship raised $77.5 million.
Below is a rundown of the most significant emerging private equity and venture funds that Buyouts has identified as being in the market over the past few weeks:
Blue Heron Asset Management is a real estate firm. It raised more than $55.4 million of a targeted $100 million.
- Phone: +1 919-489-8656
- Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1727996/000172799619000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
DBAY Advisors invests in European small-caps overlooked or misunderstood by the market. It raised over $244.7 million for its third flagship.
- Phone: +44 1624 690-900
- Location: Douglas, Isle of Man
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1730641/000173064119000002/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Dome Equities targets U.S. rental apartments based on demographic trends. It has raised more than $179.9 million across two funds.
- Phone: +1 212-867-4520
- Location: New York
- Filings: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1728858/000094787119000086/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Harkness Capital Partners is a growth equity firm targeting lower-middle-market companies. Its debut fund raised $109 million.
- Phone: +1 212-514-0035
- Location: New York
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1766031/000176603119000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Highbridge Equity Partners recently acquired landmark property Tribune Tower. It raised more than $18.2 million for its current fund.
- Phone: +1 510-705-2454
- Location: Oakland, California
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1766257/000176625719000002/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Sango Capital focuses on direct investments in middle-market opportunities in Africa. It raised more than $111.8 million across two funds.
- Phone: +1 345-945-7676
- Location: Cayman Islands
- Filings: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1766503/000176650319000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Tree Line Capital Partners is a direct lender in the lower-middle market. Its sophomore fund raised $130.8 million of a targeted $300 million.
- Phone: +1 415-795-7580
- Location: San Francisco
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1767129/000176712919000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Tuatara Capital helps companies navigate through the cannabis industry, from research and testing to industrial services. Its sophomore fund raised more than $161.1 million of a targeted $375 million.
- Phone: +1 917-460-7506
- Location: New York
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1766083/000176608319000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
White Deer Energy targets investments in oil and gas exploration and production in the energy sector. Its third flagship closed at $557 million.
- Phone: +1 713-571-6900
- Location: Houston
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1766736/000172627119000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Active Capital invests seed rounds for B2B SaaS companies across the U.S. Its debut fund raised over $21.4 million.
- Phone: +1 703-338-3600
- Location: San Antonio
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1713162/000171316219000002/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Autotech Ventures focuses on startups that are revolutionizing ground transportation. Its sophomore fund raised $77.5 million of a targeted $225 million.
- Phone:+1 650-515-6940
- Location: Menlo Park, California
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1760418/000176041819000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Dreamit Ventures focuses on startups involved in healthtech, urbantech and securetech. Its third flagship raised over $37.7 million of a targeted $50 million.
- Phone: +1 610-703-2924
- Location: Philadelphia
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1725616/000138296319000007/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Interlock Partners is interested in early-stage technology companies. Its debut fund raised more than $20.8 million of a targeted $25 million.
- Phone: +1 214-236-9509
- Location: Dallas
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1765559/000176555919000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml
Resilient Ventures plans to use its debut fund to support African-American startups and early-stage companies. The fund raised $1.1 million of a targeted $10 million.
- Phone: +1 919-423-3972
- Location: Durham, North Carolina
- Filing: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1766115/000176611519000001/xslFormDX01/primary_doc.xml